top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If I get hired before discharge will creditors come after me?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If I get hired before discharge will creditors come after me?

If I find a job (possibly just breaking a 6 digit number or perhaps less) before discharge, what are the odds that a creditor will come after me, either changing my chapter 7 to a chapter 13 or perhaps getting some judgment against future wages???

What happens in this situation???

Before 341 or after?

If before, you need to report it to your Trustee.

Also, keep in mind you really don't have the job until all pre-employment procedures are completed.
    I may be smarter than an attorney, but I'm not one. No legal advice here, people.
    Filed Ch. 7 pro se on 10/22/10 341 on 11/19/10 Report of No Distribution Filed on 11/19/10 Discharged 1/19/11 Closed 2/2/11

Comment

Originally posted by dumpinmydebt View Post
      Before 341 or after?

If before, you need to report it to your Trustee.

Also, keep in mind you really don't have the job until all pre-employment procedures are completed.
      After 341.

I have read on this board that after 341 the odds are good you are ok, but I have also heard that a creditor can still come after you if they find out you have a job.

I am hoping I get a job soon, but if I get one before the discharge, I am worried (you know murphy's law).

Comment

Originally posted by helpme2010 View Post
        After 341.

I have read on this board that after 341 the odds are good you are ok, but I have also heard that a creditor can still come after you if they find out you have a job.

I am hoping I get a job soon, but if I get one before the discharge, I am worried (you know murphy's law).
        Also I am worried that an employer will see that I am not yet discharged and be worried I am a liability while still in bk.

I thought the discharge would be 60 days after the 341, but I am already a couple weeks past the 60 days, and am understanding this can go 90 or more days until discharge.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X